Who doesn't want Great Hair?
Sometimes its really hard to take care of your hair...especially when there are so many types.
My hair is straight BUT has waves in the middle...
my hair is thick and heavy.
It is also very dry and brittle at the ends but greasy on the roots..
As years pass you get accustomed to your hair and little by little you know what you can or cannot do with it
You know what products to use, and which ones only work in theory...or maybe work well with other types of hair.
Sometimes a product will work wonders for your hair for a certain period of time, and then all of a sudden
it makes your hair look dull.
Sometimes you fight with your hair's natural way...and you try and change it from curly to straight..
from blonde to black
Sometimes we are embarrassed by our hair...and try to cover it by using wigs, weaves or extensions and sometimes we do this because we feel it doesn't match who we are.
I feel that our hair is part of us.
A part that screams for attention in the most diva's style of ways...
HAIR demands your attention
That’s why I have learned a couple of things about hair
along the way:
1. Hair has its own moods. Some days it will feel like obeying you, some days it will be as it wishes!
2. Hair wants to be themselve and hair wants you to be proud of it
3. Hair wants your attention and care, it loves when you massage its scalp and give regular treatments, just as you love spas.
4. Hair gets bored…so change your shampoo for another type once in a while will ya?
5. Hair wants to fulfill its purpose, just like you have a purpose in life. And its purpose is to make you look beautiful as you are on the inside, so hair likes when you have fun with it and try different styles.
6. Hair needs trimming, just like Nails.
7. Hair likes the sun just as much as Skin (only a few minutes per day)
8. Hair loves natural ingredients…so once in a while treat it with homemade avocado masks, lemon rinses and natural coconut oils.
9. Your hair has its own personality, so don’t try to classify it under the common categories.
10. Your hair is proud to be part of YOU, so be proud of YOUR HAIR too!
What have you learned from your hair through the years?